The moment Michael entered this world I knew my life would be changed forever. The very first time I laid eyes on him I wept in amazement at the indescribable joy and beauty that his presence brought to our family. As I look back on the last three years of my precious one's life, I smile thinking of the bright mind God has given him, his silly sense of humor and the way he greets me in the morning, "Mommy, did you have a good night sweep?" But if I were honest, I mostly feel sad about the moments of joy that I feel were "stolen" by his skin problem. He has had to endure so much discomfort. The poor child has horrible allergies which spur an ongoing problem with extreme eczema, which causes behavioral issues and sleeping problems. We still get up in the middle of the night to reapply lotions to his sores which he creates by the incessant scratching. I know there are worse things to endure, but I truly hurt for him and desire for this hindrance to be dealt with once and for all. We will soon start a gluten and dairy free diet to see if these suggestions will help. We've tried literally everything else. This diet will drastically change his life and ours, so please offer suggestions and pray for the healing of his skin.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Happy Birthday MD!!! I can't believe how fast three years can sneak by! Hannah, I will certainly be praying for you. I don't have much advice to offer, but I know a lot of people out there do. I will pray you can cross paths with them and find the answers you will need! I love you! You're a great mommy and MD knows how much his mommy loves him by how well you take care of him!
Hey my friend! I also cannot believe he is three already, and I still haven't met him! I can't wait until that day comes. I'll be praying for your upcoming challenge of a dairy free diet. I wish I had some advice to offer. May the Lord heal his skin this year!!! Be strong mama!
Hey Hannah,
This is Susan Warf, I don't know if you remember me, but I am friends with Kim Edgren. Jimmy has had the same issues with his skin. We tried everything and it got worse. I have a picture on my blog(i will put a link at the end) of Jimmy back in September. He had eczema so bad that we didn't know what to do. We were told to try an allergist and so we went and he started getting shots in October. He was allergic to grass, mold, roaches, and cats. He now only has issues once in a while and a little dose of claritin will clear him right up. It is such a blessing. I don't know much about the diet, but I would recommend you getting him skin tested. I will be praying that things get better because I know how hard it is. You can't do anything for them. Here is the picture!
http://thewarffamily.blogspot.com/2008/09/itchy-and-messy.html
Post a Comment