Monday, April 20, 2009

Eczema & Sweet Brothers

Here are 2 pictures to give you a little idea of what Michael's skin looks like. The pictures actually make his skin look better than it does in person. I really cringe most of the time when I look at his sores. We're going to see an allergist for a 1 year check-up on May 4 so please be praying for some new insights as to what else he's allergic to besides cats and possibly dogs and rice.









Jon was in Walgreens while the boys and I stayed in the car. I heard the boys giggling and copying each others' sounds/words, so I looked back and saw this. Michael tries to hold Jonathan's hand quite often but usually Jon Jon doesn't enjoy the hard squeezes. Today they both had the best time and it brought a huge smile to my face and joy to my heart. Ever since Jonathan's become mobile it's been a bit harder for Michael to share, since all Jonathan wants to do is copy his brother. So you can understand why little moments like these are treasured! I pray they will grow up to be best friends.





4 comments:

evie said...

Oh my...that eczema looks painful! Poor little guy. I've been meaning to tell you that I think Noah has a few patches of eczema. They haven't developed into sores yet...I need to call the doc about it. They are just like patches of sand paper on his skin.

What a sweet moment between your two boys!

The Warf said...

Hey Hannah, I am glad that ya'll are going back to the allergist. Jimmy's eczema looked just like this before the shots. I don't know if your doctor has told you some of the other things to do to keep it from flaring up, but we use fragrance free detergent, fragrance free lotion, dove sensitive soap, and occationally steroid cream. Jimmy's allergist has told us that he is probably sensitive to other things that they don't test for. Things that are in soap, detergent, lotions, and perfumes. We don't talk to Andy and Kim as much as we would like to these days. Since they moved across town and we no longer go to the same church. I will be praying that Michael David's skin gets better.
Blessing,
Susan

evie said...

Dark Chocolate Granola??? Holy cow that sounds good!!

Martha said...

You don't know me but I have an Edgren family also. I was directed to your blog while trying to access my son's blog. I have an Edgren neice who had allergies that looked a lot like your sons. Her alergies have gotten better as she has gotten older. Good luck.