Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Camp of the Woods...









is a Christain camp, in Speculator, NY, focused on feeding the whole family spiritually while providing many indoor/outdoor/ sporting activities. Our outstanding speakers this year were Ravi Zacharias and John Njoroge. Their focus was on the importance of apologetics in our faith, being able to defend/stand on our faith and be a witness in a world which tries to replace themselves and others in Jesus' place.

My generous in-laws wanted us to experience this wonderful place and paid for our flight, food and board. Jon grew up going there but this was our first time going as a family. It was hard traveling that far with small children, but their excitement made it all worth it.

The boys' highlight were the 3 campfires, but they also loved the miniature golfing, the daily Bible lessons, the lake/"beach" and gameroom. Jon enjoyed playing in a volleyball and basketball tournament and running in the beautiful weather...it was springlike. I loved not having to cook/clean up for a week and being fed spiritually every day while my children were being cared for, so that I could really focus.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

What an awesome idea! You'll have to tell me more! I miss you!

Ben Bacheller said...

Becky worked many a summer there as a lifeguard! Wow! I've never been there, but Becky loves that place! So glad you could all be there together!